Friday, December 10, 2010

The Garden

Hi all!  It's the start of the weekend so that's good...even though I have a lot of work to do for the finals and papers I have coming up.  Yuck.  While all of my Oregon friends are starting their winter breaks right now, I have to wait almost two more weeks until the 23rd.  But it will last a whole month! Woohoo!  Can't come fast enough.

So this week has been fairly average.  I wanted to post my Hannukah pictures for you all however, my roommate still hasn't uploaded them...so for now I will share my other adventures with you.

Last weekend I decided to go to Midtown and wander around on Saturday afternoon.  Before I left I didn't really think about how crowded it would be...which was stupid of me because a) it's Midtown (aka Tourist Central) and b) it's X-mas time, which apparently a lot of people come to NYC for.  So I dealt with shoulder to shoulder sidewalks and stores for a little while.  Some of the crosswalks even had to be manned by police officers holding caution tape to keep the crowds of people from crossing when it wasn't their turn and blocking traffic.  Even though it was crowded it was still fun to experience the hustle and bustle of NYC at this time of the year.  There were also some gorgeous decorations in the department stores.

This is an awful picture because I was scared at getting yelled at for
taking a picture but the inside of Bergdorf's was drop dead gorgeous.

Saks was beautiful as well.

You can't really tell from the picture but the lights on this
store looked like they were dripping icicles.  So cool.



The rest of the weekend was uneventful...well except for the fact that the Ducks won and are headed to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!! I watched most of the game while running on the treadmill at the gym...the people around me probably thought it was strange that I was cheering to myself while running...but that doesn't matter because I'll be cheering on the Ducks in GLENDALE next month!  I'm so excited.  Thanks for the tickets parents!!!

Watching the Ducks in action was pretty amazing, but it's still pretty fun to go to a live game as well, especially at Madison Square Garden.  I had never been before and my Dad told me that I just had to go to "the Garden," so when NYU was selling tickets for the Knicks v Minnesota Timberwolves game I jumped at the chance.  My roommate and I went together this past Monday night.

THE GARDEN!







Once I realized that Luke Ridnour (a former Oregon Duck) was on the Timberwolves, I wasn't exactly sure who to root for.  I decided I didn't exactly care who won...even though I did get a super cute Knicks t-shirt (I had to...I'm a New Yorker now!) but in the end the Knicks won.  It was a fun outing for a Monday night and we are already planning on going again after winter break.

The rest of this week has been spent doing homework, going to class, working out, hanging out and nothing super exciting.  Except that I did decide to sign up for the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll Marathon!  Aghhhh!  I'm so scared and not sure if I can do it but for now, I want to try.  I'll already be trained for the Shamrock 1/2 marathon in March so the current plan is to keep running and building up my endurance until the Seattle race in June.  It's a ways away but I'm already nervous/excited.  



This weekend will be spent writing my final papers, starting to study for my finals, and doing boring chores.  The fun part will be ice skating which I've been waiting for the holiday time to do!  Don't worry, I'll have pictures of the outing next week!  

I will leave you with this countdown I made while I was really bored (in class) the other day.
I now have approximately:

12 days until winter break.
99 days to my 1/2 marathon.
157 days until summer.
196 days until the marathon.
257 days until I go to Las Vegas with my best friend (hopefully).
269 days until my senior year of college starts.
523 days until I graduate college.

I know people say you shouldn't countdown to things and instead you should live in the moment.  While I try to do that, I also like to have things to look forward to.  Even if some of these things seem sooo far away.  Well, have a lovely weekend!  Comment or call me if you feel like it...it'll probably be a boring study weekend.  

<3 from NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment